That won't happen here.
I'm doing something a little different today. I talk. A lot. I'm guessing you've figured that out by now. I am introducing WordFULL Wednesday, where I encourage you to not only fill your Wednesday with words, I want to encourage you to use words you might not normally use - no, not the ugly kind.....don't use those.....It makes you look less than intelligent.
Feel free to make up words for WordFULL Wednesday however you see fit. The easiest way is to add a "y" or "ish" on the end of your new word.
Example:
- This is kind of wrong-ish.
- That candle smells cappuccino-y.
Note: Using "ish" on the end of a word is a common practice, among women especially, when making a statement and trying not to hurt someone's feelings. It is often assumed that using "ish" on the end of a word takes away some of the sting of a harsh statement. Example: That is grotesque-ish. If you already use this practice in your everyday speak, try to get creative. Try to use "ish" more often, or replace "ish" with "y".
I would also like to bring back old southern country words not commonly used any more. Words like if'n, git (sounds totally different than get), ice box, and frontchard. You get the idea. Y'all and ain't are all too common these days. To spice things up, try NOT to use those two on WordFULL Wednesday OR use them a LOT. It's up to you, really. Oh, and if you need a definition for any of the southern country words above, don't use them. You'll just sound silly.
WordFULL Wednesday needs to be full of, obviously, words. You need to try to talk a LOT today. Be fun, be spontaneous, be this guy.....
Oh my gosh, that makes me laugh so hard. Really, this whole post does.
Life is too short to be too serious! Have fun today! And, if you actually participate in WordFULL Wednesday, I'd love to hear from you.
No comments:
Post a Comment