Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday is here again and, as always, I have a lot to be thankful for.

  • Jesus. Always. Forever.
  • Forgiveness
  • My hubby
  • Quiet
  • Sleep
  • Cell phones. They keep us connected when we can't be near the ones we love. Phone calls and texts with the hubby have been so needed this week. My phone also allows me to have a live video conversation with my sister and nephew. He is growing SO fast and we are missing out on so much! VERY thankful for my phone!
  • My voice. I learned this week that it is not always easy to communicate without it. I'm blessed to have a voice and to be able to speak clearly (99.9% of the time). There are those in this world who cannot speak or speak clearly. How frustrating to not be able to just say what you want to say. My heart goes out to them.
  • Energy. Though I don't ever seem to have as much as I want, having less than normal has really thrown a monkey wrench into my plans for the week.
  • Teenage son with drivers license. He has been invaluable this week. When my energy was depleted, he took over and got us the things we needed.
  • Kids who have an agenda/want something. Often overlooked parenting tool. Definitely used this to my advantage this week. Got a clean kitchen out of the deal when I was too tired to do it myself.
  • YouTube. Anything you ever needed to learn how to do in video tutorial form.
  • Etsy & Facebook. Great resources for finding creative folks trying to build their business. Often much more creative and more wallet friendly than traditional brick and mortar businesses.
  • The sweet couple who came and took that evil rooster away. I know, twice in a row I've listed them. But, my hens are so much happier with Big G gone.
  • My chickens. "Free" eggs. I will never have to buy eggs again.
  • Orders. My little bakery "business" has been getting quite a few orders. YAY!
  • Caffeine
  • Sunshine
  • Cooler Temperatures
  • Homeschooling

Ok. I'll stop here. Partly because you don't want to spend all day reading this list and partly because my brain is tired.

Challenge for you today: If there is a person that is on your Thankful Thursday (or any day) list, go tell them how thankful you are for them. If they have blessed you enough for you to be thankful for them, they deserve to know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment