Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Strangely Quiet

It has been strangely quiet around here this week.

Seems a slight bit of allergy/sinus trouble snuck up on me over the weekend. It's not even enough to really bother me, but I woke up Sunday with almost no voice. And then, it got a little bit worse on Monday. I have a sneaking suspicion that this strange symptom may be answered prayer for my boys.

My sweet hubby is out of town for work this week. I miss him. A LOT. I don't always have to talk when we are together. Just being with him is enough. But, not being able to really talk to him when he calls is driving me nuts!

As someone who enjoys talking a lot, I have had to resist the urge to make phone calls to my sister and to friends this week. I am feeling lonely and the inability to speak much seems to have exacerbated that feeling. But, when I have reached for the phone and decided that I will strain my voice and make the person on the other end of the phone have a conversation with someone who sounds like a bullfrog fresh out of throat surgery, I have had to lay the phone back down without dialing. Seems my inability to speak much has left me with nothing to say. Freaky.

Maybe it's because my head is swimming, not from medicine, but from trying to settle disputes, break up fights, and scream NO all without opening my mouth. And, I see the smiles in their eyes. They wouldn't dare let me catch them actually smiling. But, I know.

I am exhausted from all the effort it takes to not talk when you need to talk. That doesn't even make sense, but I think it's pretty accurate.

I will be so glad to get my voice back. But, for now, I welcome the quiet and will do my best to enjoy every moment of silence while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment