Life lesson #287:
If you have children, do not leave any type of cleaner with bleach out on the counter. Not even for one second. Don't turn your back on it and do not blink.
Now, as you may know, my youngest child is eight. Actually he's almost nine. Definitely not a curious toddler anymore.
So, I really didn't think much about leaving a bottle of bathroom cleaner with bleach on the counter after spraying down an item in the bathroom. I went into another room to work on another task while the cleaner did its work.
I went into the bathroom a short while later to find this:
So, that's not so terrible. Someone was obviously trying to help out, right?!
But then, there was this.........Hold tight. I'm being very real here. There is visible dirt on/around this rug. Don't judge. We live here, after all.
And then, this.......
There was bleach cleaner on a lot of different items in the bathroom. As I cleaned up the mess, my eyes fell to my toothbrush lying on the counter. FEAR. Whomever had been so haphazard with the cleaner was oblivious to the danger of it and was spraying it on everything. The thought of keeling over after brushing my teeth passed through my mind. The person that found my lifeless body lying on the bleached out bathroom rug would likely not notice that, though I was dead, my teeth were now bright and sparkling white.
I am grateful to say that after a thorough inspection, my toothbrush was not affected and I seem to have suffered no ill effects after brushing my teeth.
Strange thing is, when I asked the usual culprits, it seems no one knew anything about it. And, no one touched the bottle of cleaner with bleach.
When I was growing up, my mom referred to no one as the "not me ghost". Pesky creatures no one and the not me ghost are.
I hope no one or the not me ghost at least gets an allowance. I see the purchase of some new bathroom rugs in their near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment