Friday, August 29, 2014

Hello.......thump, thump......Is this thing on?

Hi there!

Long time no see.....umm, hear from......hmmm......read?? I'm not exactly sure how to put that.

I've been absent from the blogging world for a while. It's not that I haven't had anything to say - I doubt that would ever be the case with me. I just haven't made the time. I feel like I've let myself down by not being here and writing some silly post. I'd like to think I've let some of you down, but I'm not sure anyone is ever here. Hello........thump, thump.......Is this thing on? Just kidding. Sort of.

So what's been going on here at Ridge Creek? Lots of stuff. Mostly just everyday life. If you looked at my Instagram feed (johnna_ridgecreek - in case you were wondering), you would see a lot of that everyday life and even a little occasional silliness thrown in for good measure. It's all Instagram's fault that I haven't been blogging regularly. Instagram is kind of like a blog. A miniature version of this. But, with more photos and less words.

The biggest thing/change in our daily lives has been the introduction of Young Living essential oils into our lives. I'm working on some separate posts about that. These oils have been life changing for us. I'm desperate to share this information with everyone! So, look for some posts in the very near future about essential oils, how we use them, what we use them for, how to get them, and more.

We recently went to the gulf coast to visit my sister and baby W (who is not a baby any more). It was a great trip. Too short, as usual. And it makes me miss them even more than normal when we get back home. Mom, Z, Daughter Dear, her boyfriend, and I all drove the ridiculously long drive down there. Mom and I had a nice, quiet trip since Z wanted to ride with his sister. We all enjoyed some great family time with W and my sister. We made sure we took a little time to go to the beach. And we also got to visit with my aunt and uncle from Michigan and my cousin (their daughter) and her husband while we were there. They were visiting the area at the same time. We got a wonderful surprise visit from another uncle and aunt while we were there. So glad I got to see everyone! Family get-togethers don't happen often enough anymore.

The teenager turned 18 and got a job working with his dad. Where does the time go? I have TWO grown children now!!! I must be old.

Other than those things, my days have been filled with laundry, cleaning, driving the mom-taxi, meals, dishes, laundry, cleaning.....oh, I already said that. If you are a mom, you understand.

We've started our school year this week. Looking forward to fall, cooler temperatures, some completed projects, and football games! Oh, and a little more blogging. See.......umm, hear......hmmm.....read......I guess it should be: talk to you soon!

Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment