Friday, January 24, 2014

Cheeseburger Mini Muffins

I saw this recipe in a cookbook type magazine many years ago. I would like to give credit to the original author of this recipe, but I have no idea how to find out who that is. But, whoever you are, dear inventive food friend, my children love you for making this recipe!


Ingredient List:
3 c Bisquick OR 3 c all purpose flour, 4 1/2 tsp baking powder, 3/4 tsp salt, and 3 T shortening, oil, or butter

1 # Ground Beef - I used 80/20
1 c milk
2 c shredded cheese
2-3 T mustard
3-4 T ketchup
1.5-2 T Hamburger seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste

Optional ingredients: chopped onion, dill relish


You will also need a mini muffin pan. A small cookie scoop and baking spray make things even easier.



 Gather your ingredients


Grab a skillet and brown your pound of ground beef. Once browned, drain on a paper towel lined plate.


In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients plus oil/butter/shortening. If using butter or shortening, use a pastry cutter or a fork to "cut in" the butter/shortening. OR, if you are feeling lazy (ahem...me), just use a baking mix like Bisquick. Note: I normally try not to use food from boxes (processed, chemical laden junk), but I had the baking mix in the cabinet and the boys were hungry and, well, it was easier.

   
Add in two cups of shredded cheese of your choice. I used colby jack. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not buy pre-shredded cheese. They have to add stuff in there to keep the cheese from sticking together. It is not a substance you would normally consume. I shredded the cheese straight into the bowl.


Add in the mustard. 


Now, the ketchup.


A little salt and pepper.


Add in the hamburger seasoning (the brand I had was McCormick).


Add the browned ground beef.
If you are adding in any optional ingredients such as chopped onion or relish, add it now.


Now, stir.


Stir a little more. Making sure it's well combined.




Spray your muffin pan. Or, use some butter or oil to grease each cavity.


Take a minute and use a paper towel to wipe the excess spray from the top of your muffin pan. You will thank me for this step later when you are doing dishes. And don't mind the shadow. That's just your eye playing tricks on you. It's not the horrible lighting in my kitchen.

Now, grab your mini cookie scoop. Mine is a 2oz scoop and has been an invaluable tool in my kitchen.


Use one leveled scoop to fill each cavity.


Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes. 

This recipe makes between 4.5 - 5 dozen mini muffins.

A little extra mustard and/or ketchup or if you are a freak (that's what the kids called me for doing it) some mayo for dipping makes them extra good.

You're welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment