Friday, July 26, 2013

Desperate for organization!

Our little family has had a life change recently. We made a temporary (two or three months) move to my mother's while we looked for a new home. That was 7 months ago. We have since decided that here is where we shall remain. I'll make another post about that.

Ok, so......I had to tell you this little story so you would understand my dilema - THERE IS NOT ANYWHERE FOR ME TO KEEP MY STUFF!!! My mother has lived in this home for almost 30 years. So, she has 30 years of stuff in this house. Not a problem if you are going to live here temporarily, BIG problem if you decide to stay permanently. I've been married for over 20 years and have over 20 years of my own stuff. We brought only about 10% of our stuff when we moved in - the kind of stuff you would take on a short vacation, and a FEW of my kitchen items and my craft stuff.

This home has a decent sized kitchen with a lot of cabinets. We cleaned out cabinets and organized cabinets, and packed away rarely used kitchen items. And still there was not enough room for my stuff. Well, not where I could access it easily. I am an organization FREAK! I rarely get to keep things as organized as I like because....husband. And, because.....kids.

I'm rambling. Welcome to my mind. It's always like this in here.

I bake for fun and for profit. My kitchen "stuff" had nowhere to live. So, I bought a plastic cart on wheels with three drawers. I didn't feel like that was working and our bedroom (another story) was starting to feel more and more cluttered, so I asked the hubby if we could get a tall bookcase for behind the bedroom door where I could organize my stuff and clear away some clutter. He says, "Sure, as long as you cover it so I don't have to see the stuff."

So, here is my organization project from this week.

A cheap bookcase (not the color I wanted), some small platic tubs, a tension rod, and a curtain panel.


 
Time to assemble.
 


This is the part where they said the next step would requre two people.
 
 
 
 
Ha! In yo' face!
 
 
Now, to add the shelves and put in the bedroom.
 
 
Nice fit.
 
 
All but disappears behind the door.
 
 
Adding the organized baking supplies.
 
 
But, where one is good, two is better!


 
Not really diggin' the shiny quality of the "silk" panels. I think I may end up making my own panels to cover the bookcases.
 
 
 
It's a work in progress still. I am trying to organize my baking items, with my crafting items, and shipping supplies, plus office stuff for hubby's HVAC business that I run from home. The bedroom is not the ideal place to keep things that belong in the kitchen, but, it feels better already. And, your eye is not distracted by the stuff on the shelves when watching TV or trying to go to sleep.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear about your project this week or your organization dilemas.
 
See you next time!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment